Thursday, July 9, 2009

Swimming lessons

One of the activities that we have been enjoying this summer is swimming lessons at the YMCA. The kids have never taken them before but have grown so much in their abilities. We just had to get over the initial fear of the water. It is now so much easier to take them swimming by myself with their life jackets on because they don't cling to me and are a little more self sufficient in the water. Here is a video montage of their lessons. Its a bit lengthy but I'm not good at editing photos. I also apologize for the background noises. I call Cooper my "reluctant swimmer" and you will see why in the video. He is convinced that he must be holding someones fingers to jump in and tries to manipulate his teacher many, many times into holding his hands. Its pretty cute if you watch close. I think he is actually trying to bribe her. I would have loved to be in ear shot to hear what he was saying but I did catch his teacher smirking at times. Katelyn is my "slightly less reluctant swimmer." She has improved by leaps and bounds!! Soooo proud of her. She was even more scared of the water initially than Cooper was.

No comments: