Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Boston May 2009



I was lucky to go back to Boston a few weeks ago to help my sister Tiffany celebrate earning her Masters degree in Psychology from the University of Mass. in Dartmouth. I was sooo proud of her. Since we had just vacationed there last year we decided that I would fly out without my hubby and kids. I missed them dearly but had a fantastic time. My Mom and stepdad went along as well. I left on Fri. May 22nd and returned the following Tuesday. While we were there we crammed in as much sight seeing as possible. I was able to see some of the things we missed while there with our munchkins. After arriving on Friday we went down to Fanueil Hall for dinner at Cheers and over to a haunted trolley tour of Boston. It was super fun as our tour guide was hilarious with a capital "H"! Saturday was the graduation so we drove down to the University for that and followed it with a FANTASTIC dinner. Sunday we took off to Newport, Rhode Island to see the beautiful mansions and walk the cliff walks. It was amazing. We scheduled a cocktail cruise that evening and unfortunately got rained on. Thank goodness it was all the rum punch you could drink and that helped keep us warm on the boat. We shopped around and ate some Ben and Jerry's and were headed back to Boston. On Monday my parents left and Tiff and her boyfriend Jeff picked me up and Jeff was a fantastic tour guide. He works for Coach in Boston and know the roads inside and out. He was able to show us so many beautiful areas of Boston! We of course had to head over to Harvard square and check that out. We drove through different areas such as Charleston, Beacon Hill (my personal favorite), and to Newbury Street where we walked around and had some fabulous frozen yogurt! After a day of walking and driving we were off to Taunton, MA where Tiff lives and Jeff and Tiff made an awesome dinner for me :) You guys ROCK! Tuesday I was scheduled to fly out in the evening so we got up and were off to my new favorite store IKEA! Holy Cow that place is the BOMB DIG!! We spent several hours there and had lunch. Then we drove up north of Boston to Marblehead and some of the surrounding areas before it was off to the airport and an evening full of many delayed flights in Chicago :( I made it back to Omaha about 11pm where my wonderful family was waiting for me. The kids were of course passed out in their pjs and barely work up to welcome me back but I was so happy to see them and Ryan. Thanks to my fabulous husband for allowing me to take this trip. It meant a lot to me and to my sister.

No comments: