Monday, April 27, 2009

The Water Cycle

While cleaning out our garage on Friday night it began to rain and thunder at our house. I asked the kids to come into the garage and out of the storm and boy was I in for a treat. Katelyn learned about the water cycle last week in school and proceeded to tell me all about it. She even had a song. Instead of singing "Condensation, condensation" she was singing "conversation, conversation." So funny to hear. I corrected her and her song turned into "oompensation, compensation." Oh well, she knew what she meant! I continued cleaning and had the leaf blower out to blow the dirt out of the garage and was told by her that I needed to turn it off. When I asked why she informed me that she needed it quiet so she could pray. She sat in the lawn chair and proceeded to pray that Jesus would keep us safe in the storm and thanked him for the rain for the farmers. She ended her prayer asking Jesus to tell any kids who were flying kites to stop so that they wouldn't get struck by lightning. It was really sweet to hear and funny at the same time.

No comments: