Saturday, February 14, 2009

Katelyn's 6th Birthday



The festivities started on Sunday the 8th when we had a combined family/friends birthday celebration. Katelyn chose a glamour cats theme and invited several of her classmates as well as family and friends. The kids played pin the tail on the donkey and a hot tomato game which they seemed to really enjoy. We had juice boxes, cake, and ice cream sandwiches and opened gifts. Katelyn's got so many cute things and was so excited to open gifts in front of everyone. On her birthday day (Tuesday) Ryan took off early from work and we went to the ever famous Chuck E. Cheese. We didn't eat there since their food is less than desirable but allowed the kids to play for an hour or so. We then went to Greenfields for a pancake supper and home for baths and bedtime. Funny story I thought I'd share to commemorate Katelyn growing one year older. The Friday night before her bday her and I had a girls supper at Runza (her favorite) and I forgot to order her honey mustard. I told her to go up to the counter and ask politely for some honey mustard which she proudly did. When she came back to the table I told her how proud I was and that she is growing into such a big girl. Her response.......

"Do you want me to drive you home Mommy?"

It was so flippin cute, I can't even tell you. She said it so nonchalantly! I am so proud of the little lady that she is becoming but so sad that time if flying by so quickly. I can't believe I have a 6 year old!!

And, now for a POTTY UPDATE on Cooper!!!!
We have finally turned a corner after 3 months of potty training and Cooper is finally managing to not only stay dry in his underwear BUT he is pooping in the potty too! HUGE RELIEF! I was beginning to think he'd have to go to preschool in training pants. I am so proud of him for this accomplishment. It amazes me how you can go from battling them just to pee in the potty a couple of times a day to 3 dry days in a row. Go COOP!!!! Love you buddy!

No comments: