Wednesday, October 8, 2008

3 Eyed Monster



This is what happens when you mix a 3 year old monkey, a tall kitchen chair, and a bowl of skittles on a kitchen island. Cooper reached for the skittles, slid forward, and smacked his head on the edge of the island countertop. Within five minutes this is what his head looked like. Now if only this lump would stay there until November I wouldn't have to buy a halloween costume for the little guy! Pretty scary goose-egg huh?!

I also have to share one of my new favorite things. At bedtime when I lay Katelyn down we talk about the worst/best part of her day. It is so funny to hear what she has to say. But what I love even more is bedtime prayers. She prays for the sweetest things. Tonight she said "Dear God, please make Antonia's broken arm all better and please help us to help her do things like lift her lunch tray, hold her pencil, and pick stuff up." She often thanks God for sunny days, her teachers/coaches, her friends, her furry pets, and music. Too cute for words. On top of her sweet prayers I have enjoyed hearing things from Cooper's little lips that I have no idea where he has heard them before. Examples include "check out my really awesome monkeys mom" and "this is really cool!" Where do kids get this stuff?

No comments: