Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Vacation 2008 Day #2

Vacation 2008 Day #2


We started out day #2 catching up on some much needed sleep. I decided to make pancakes for everyone. As everyone already knows, I am not the greatest cook. We forgot to buy Pam to spray the pan so we had to grease it with butter. However the pan was a bit too hot initially and my pancake looked more like a cow-pie. Once I adjusted the temp my pancakes turned out beautifully and I think everyone enjoyed them. The kids also got to play outside at the pirate themed playground for a bit while breakfast was cooking which they loved. Next up we drove to Dennis, MA which is mid-cape. We started with a stop at Scargo Tower. The tower is only 28 foot high but sits 160 feet above sea level atop the tallest hill in the area. From the top you can see Provincetown which is clear at the tip of the cape. We decided that with the gorgeous weather that day a trip to the beach was a necessity. We picked Mayflower Beach which is also in Dennis. We picked this particular beach because at low tide you can walk a mile out into the shallow waters of Cape Cod bay. It was the perfect beach for us because the kids had endless waters to swim and play in. There was a sandbar out in the middle of the water so Ryan and Cooper had a good time building sandcastles out there. The water was clear and beautiful but a tad on the cool side. The weather in Cape Cod this time of year is still on the cool side. Most days it was in the 70's to low 80's and the evenings were quite chilly in the 60's. After hours of fun at the beach we were all hungry but were by no means dressed for a nice restaurant. We stopped at a roadside place that was recommended by some locals called Captain Frostys Fish and Chips. It was here that I actually tried shrimp and clamcakes (I know, shocking, me and seafood)! Not a huge fan but at least I can say I tried it. We all filled our tummys while relaxing on the outdoor patio with the bees! After a day free of sunburn or beestings Ryan took all the kiddos back to the resort for bed and us girls went to finish the grocery shopping. I'm sure you can imagine how great we looked after being at the beach all day but whatever. We got back around 11pm from the grocery and it was off to bed to rest up for day #3. Oh, I forgot to mention that while at the beach Austin found a sand dollar which we all thought was pretty amazing.

No comments: