Wednesday, June 18, 2008

10 years!!

Well, it is official. Ryan and I have been married for 10 years. This is 1/3 of our lives! Unbelievable. We celebrated our 10 year anniversary on Friday the 13th (crazy huh!) My mom was so sweet to babysit for us so we could celebrate. Thursday night Ryan brought home a dozen rozes that were beautiful. I was also given a card with 2000 Wii points so that I can purchase Dr. Mario (my favorite videogame). I woke Friday morning to find a homemade wedding cake made of snack cakes on the table with our wedding servers. Very cute and thoughtful. It made me chuckle. I also was given a beautiful ring with an aquamarine stone in the middle (which just happens to be Ryan's birthstone). My gifts to him were not as romantic. He got a circular saw and a garden gnome (inside joke between us). We went to dinner at Wilderness Ridge which was delicious. Next stop was Bed, Bath, and Beyond where we purchased a new down comforter for our bed. We then went to the movie The Happening. Lets just say, WORST MOVIE EVER! The acting was unbelievably bad. People were actually laughing throughout the movie which was meant to be a scary, suspenseful movie. We went home to relax but plans changed when we arrived to find out that our cat Mali had escaped out the patio door. We spent about 2 hours searching the neighborhood only to find we were chasing the wrong Siamese cat. We gave up, reported her lost, and went to bed. I wasn't able to sleep much b/c we were so worried about her safety. We put food out and thankfully Mali arrived back on our deck early the next morning. We were especially thankful b/c Mali is being treated for a horrible bladder infection and get this *KIDNEY STONES*. For those of you that know me well you also know that I have had my share of kidney stones in the past so I guess its just our luck that our poor kitty would have them too. $400 and an overnight vet stay later our kitty is doing much better. We have to continue giving her special food and a weekly laxative now (she was also severely constipated).

10th Anniversary

No comments: